What is Abstractions?
Abstractions is a multi-disciplinary conference in Pittsburgh, PA that brings together the full spectrum of individuals involved in modern software development — designers, developers, DevOps, managers, quality assurance, and community leaders — to teach, learn, and connect. With three full days of amazing content from a huge list of diverse speakers, we hope you’ll join us.
Abstractions strives to achieve the following ideals:
- Showcase the best speakers and talks in the industry
- Be a fun and social experience that surpasses the idea of a traditional “conference”
- Welcome everyone of all backgrounds and experience levels
- Feature talks focused on delivering high value to attendees for day-to-day work
With Abstractions II fast approaching, there are a variety of sponsorship packages that we are offering to companies interested in a diversity-centered conference. Designed for speakers and attendees from all walks of life, Abstractions is passionate about bringing people together to support and learn from one another.Download the Sponsor Prospectus
Interested in sponsoring Abstractions? You’re in great company. Previous sponsors of Code & Supply include:
Abstractions was created in 2016 by a tight-knit volunteer team as part of Code & Supply, a community of software professionals located in Pittsburgh, PA.
Abstractions considers the software creation process from all angles, working with experts of all experience levels, from students to industry veterans. Covered topics included:
- Remarkable Design
- Perspectives on Development
- Practical DevOps
- Effective Community & Leadership
- Distractions (a track for off-topic yet meaningful talks and experiences)
Touted as a forward thinking, “uniquely inclusive” experience, Abstractions II promises to be even more exciting and meaningful.
- Opensource.com: New tech event, Abstractions is forward-thinking
- Next Pittsburgh: Abstractions software conference will draw big developers to Pittsburgh
- Technical.ly: Code & Supply is here for Pittsburgh’s ‘awesome’ software community
- Business Insider: Engineers from Apple and Google are loving this viral Twitter challenge about describing their job in 5 words
- The Daily WTF: THE ABSTRACTIONS CONFERENCE: PITTSBURGH
- Abstractions Conference 2016: Full review and what to expect from 2017
- Abstractions Conference: A Uniquely Inclusive Experience
- The First-Ever Abstractions Conference: Why Your Software Company Should Go
- Abstractions Reflections
- Notes from Abstractions
Ranked one of the world’s most liveable cities, the former steel city is now an advancing leader in education, robotics, software engineering and high-tech industries. Home to companies such as Duolingo, Oculus Research, Uber ATC, Google, and IBM Watson, Pittsburgh is a city of constant reinvention and resilience. Given all these factors, it is the perfect city to host a conference like Abstractions that seeks to reinvent the concept of a conference into something more.
Stay in touch
Want to keep up to date as we announce more exciting details? Sign up to our mailing lists.